Welcome to Mr Mackie's Blog, a site about an artistic Vespa riding lanky dyslexic who thinks of him self as a DJ

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Last night up north


Well the Herbs were ok last night it was only two of the members. Went for a little drive up to Kerikeri today and had a little lunch near The Stone Store. The only good record shop in the intire of Northland is in Kerikeri so I had to spend some money and support them, mind you they didn't have the CD I was looking for (José González 'Veneer') but ended up getting Bob Marley & The Wailers 'Jungle Dub' and Herbs 'Listen' both OK but I wished I waited till i got home as Wellington Public Library probably has them for $2 a week. I caught up with a few more friends later on in the day before I leave tomorrow. actually looking forward to being back home in Wellywood. Mums still feeling a bit queasy but recovering and will probably work from home next week.
Today's Photo is by one of my favourite graffiti artist Banksy were he painted a little girl floating over the Segregation Wall in Palestine.

Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, *life* has surface noise."
John Peel

4 Comments:

Blogger HA said...

hey what time are you arriving? Did you want Dean to pick you up cause he said you didn't mention it to him. Best to let him know :)

9:19 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Jon, sorry I didn't get to catch up with you while you were up here, and I'm really glad your mum's doing ok. We'll do coffee for sure next time you're home =) *hugs*

9:42 am

 
Blogger Mr Mackie said...

Hi Ringi, yep defiantly! Caffein? mmmm fave cafe in the world even got the t-shert!

12:21 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh fo' shure! Love Caffeine... but then anywhere with good coffee where I can escape the kids is great by me! ;) LOL

7:59 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
hit Counter