Welcome to Mr Mackie's Blog, a site about an artistic Vespa riding lanky dyslexic who thinks of him self as a DJ

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Hail, Thunder and a realy old cool car.


Well, I was rudely woken by the sound of hail this morning and a few claps of thunder which made Wellington look is if some one had split open a really big bean bag all over the place. The airport was closed for a little while and there was still evidence of hail stones on lawns at lunch.
I had a little hiccup at a petrol station today as i had filled up my scooter with fuel then realising that my wallet was in my other jacket, Duh... I had to leave my watch with the attendant and called back to work to borrow some cash of a work-mate (Thanks) then returned with the dosh so I could get my watch back.
Just found this the worlds first gas turbine powered car on the net which happened on this day in 1950. This is proof that old tech is cool!
1950: Gas turbine car gets road test

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Philip K. Dick

5 Comments:

Blogger Mr Mackie said...

f4tty has pics of hail......

6:59 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What would ya do without your work mate that lent you some cash aye Mr Mackie? lol, nah just having you on! Couldn't leave you without your watch now could I, oh and couldn't let you starve - I know how much food means to you!

7:41 pm

 
Blogger Mr Mackie said...

haha guess what, I was eating when i read you comment :-)

8:04 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha and why doesn't that surprise me?

9:24 pm

 
Blogger Mr Mackie said...

remember i don't cook.... i usually eat out

6:21 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
hit Counter