Welcome to Mr Mackie's Blog, a site about an artistic Vespa riding lanky dyslexic who thinks of him self as a DJ

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Why phonetic808 ??????



OK a few of you might of wondered why I use phonetic808, well it all started in 97 when i got my first email address, at the time i was a HUGE Photek fan, and loved all things ph (faa) also being dyslexic i find it easier spelling thing fonetikaly as our language sucks! Well what about the 808??? well as the internet got more populaer it was harder to have phonetic as a name so I had to use the addition of numbers. years before we all had computers in our houses a little drum machine was released by Roland in 1980 called the TR-808 which created a lot of the beats in modern day music, many bands have use this gem of a boom boomer, from Whitney Houston - featured prominently on "I Wanna Dance With Somebody." to Aphex Twin. I have always wanted one but there as rear as hens teeth and can fetch up to $3000 US. I do however have its Sister the Roland Juno 6 which was there synth that was released the same year. All fundidalo fantastic analogue stuff. so thats why phonetic808
The Picture is a of a flyer I made from my DJing days at the Buzz Bar back in 98-99

Like a prune, you are not getting any better looking, but you are getting sweeter.
-- N. D. Stice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
hit Counter